On Tuesday, February 23, 2021, the Homelessness Policy Research Institute (HPRI) hosted a Virtual Research Symposium to bring together diverse stakeholders and many researchers to discuss the issue of older adults experiencing homelessness. We discussed programs of support, housing, engagement, and prevention, among other topics about older adults experiencing homelessness.
- Jean Galiana, Older Adults Coordinator, LAHSA (Moderator)
- Margot Kushel, MD, Professor of Medicine, Director of UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations, Director of UCSF Benioff Homelessness and Housing Initiative, UCSF/ZSFG (Research Presentation)
- Celina Alvarez, Executive Director, Mobile Integrated Services Team, Housing Works
- Eve Gelb, Senior Vice President of Healthcare Services, SCAN Health Plan
- David Hetherington, Director of Development, Wakeland Housing and Development Corporation
- Zondre Johnson, Speak Up! advocate
- Cheryl Wilson, CEO, St. Paul’s Senior Services