The certificate consists of 13-15 units of graduate courses depending on the electives chosen.
Required Courses (7 units)
- BAEP 591 Social Entrepreneurship
- PPDE 580 Social InnovationElective Courses (Student select two from this list)
- BAEP 564 Investing in Impact Ventures
- MOR 566 Environmental Sustainability and Competitive Advantage
- PPD 688 Business and Public Policy
- PPD 689 The Nonprofit Sector and Philanthropy
- PPDE 683 Social Finance and Development
- MOR 555 Designing High Performance Organizations
- PPD 665 Contemporary Issues in Philanthropy
Price courses are 4 units. Marshall courses are 3 units. Therefore, the total unit value completed for the certificate will vary depending on the courses selected.
Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
Current USC Graduate Students — Applicants for the Certificate in Social Innovation who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at USC (and are in good standing with a 3.0 GPA) need only submit the appropriate paperwork for adding the certificate program, which may be obtained from the student services advisor in RGL 102.
Prospective Applicants — Applicants for the Certificate in Social Justice who have not matriculated at USC must make a formal application at the USC Graduate Admission website.
Applicants must submit the following items:
- Official transcripts from ALL institutions attended must be sent directly to our office:
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
650 Childs Way – RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089
- Resume (upload via online application)
- A Letter of Recommendation (uploaded via online application)
November 1 – Spring Semester
April 1 – Summer Semester
July 1 – Fall Semester
Please contact the USC Price Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.