2018 Social Innovation Summit: Innovations in Urban Housing
The Price Center’s 2018 Social Innovation Summit: Innovations in Urban Housing explored innovative models to increase the affordable housing stock, as well as new models to increase workforce housing and housing for individuals experiencing homelessness.
In addition to panel discussions, the Social Innovation Summit featured hands-on activities designed to help spur the development of creative solutions to challenges in urban housing.
Panel 1: Housing the Workforce
- Stephen D. Oliner; Codirector, American Enterprise Institute (moderator)
- Robin Hughes; CEO, Abode Communities
- Mary Leslie; President, LA Business Council
- Mohannad H. Mohanna; President, Highridge Costa Development Company
Lunchtime Keynote: Allison Clark
Our lunchtime keynote address was given by Allison Clark, Associate Director of Impact Investments at The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, followed by a discussion with our keynote speaker and Dr. Gary Painter.
Panel 2: Innovations to Increase Affordable Housing Stock
- Richard K. Green, Chair and Director of the USC Lusk Center for Real Estate (moderator)
- Jonathan Lawless, VP of Product Development and Affordable Housing; Fannie Mae
- Tony Salazar, President, West Coast Operations, McCormack Baron Salazar
- Ben Winter; Housing Policy Specialist for Mayor Eric Garcetti
Panel 3: Innovations to House the Homeless
- Gary Painter, Director; Sol Price Center for Social Innovation (Moderator)
- Dora Gallo, CEO; A Community of Friends
- Andrea Iloulian, Senior Program Officer; Domestic Programs; Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- Chris Ko, Director of Homeless Initiatives; United Way of Greater Los Angeles
Kevin Murray, CEO; Weingart Center
Back to Events page